Dec 5, 2016

Social Media Savvy with @CyFairJoel: Clean up your tweets with photo tagging



We all love to have our tweets seen by as many people as possible, so often I will get alerts on tweets in which my or the district account were included in the body of the tweet.

The end goal is met, but can clutter up the message when multiple accounts are tagged in the same message. As a millennial I work with put it, “You see a lot of blue text and not very much black text.”

The easiest way to alert people while leaving those tags out of your message is to tag them within an image. The added benefit of this is that you waste fewer characters of your message since Twitter no longer penalizes you the 24 characters it used to for adding an image.

Check out this tweet from the Cy Ridge playoff game this past Saturday. I wanted to include the full quote from Coach Thiebaud, use a photo and include a hashtag. With all of that, I only had three characters to spare to tag the people in the photo. Luckily, Twitter has my back and I was able to have a content rich tweet and achieve a good amount of engagement.


To do this, after you’ve added the picture(s) into your tweet, click or tap on the blue text underneath the photo that says “Who’s in this photo?” Twitter allows you to tag up to 10 people, so it’s a great way to discreetly grab the attention of multiple people while keeping a clean message.



Have any more tips you think would be helpful? Hit me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment