Apr 17, 2017

Customer Service Tip of the Week: Quiet time and meditation can be good for business



by Judy Ramos Public Relations, The Write Stuff
When I run into people and ask how they’re doing, their response is often “I’m so busy” or something similar. We used to say “I’m fine” as a sort of auto response to a greeting but today I get the “I’m busy” response much more often and I catch myself doing it, too. We don’t say it because we don’t want to talk to people. We say it because it’s true. We’re busy burning the candle at both ends and in the middle.
Lately, I have been trying to find quiet time in my day, just for me. I took up yoga years ago but I also started making sure I had a few minutes to do nothing except breathe and relax. I’m not the only one.
Meditation, incantations, quiet time, whatever you call it, it’s catching on in business circles. Steve Jobs used Zen mindfulness meditation and many celebrities use Transcendental Meditation for the health and well-being of mind and body. I have a good friend who swears by Tony Robbins incantations for business success.
When we live in personal stress and professional stress, day in and day out, one stress on top of another, it is not healthy and cannot be sustained over the long term without consequences. Stress leads to high blood pressure, heart problems, compromised immune systems, stomach ulcers, and more. You need to stay healthy to stay in business. Stress also negatively impacts our personal lives and relationships.
Some form of meditation can reduce stress; help us be mindful and in the present, which can improve focus; calm us down; and increase confidence. These are all great attributes for a successful business. Once we clear our minds, we can concentrate, think about positive emotions, and be ready for the challenges that lie ahead. Advocates say meditation helps us get to know ourselves, brings what we really want into focus, and can help us be more productive. It can help us gain perspective on the relationships we have with family, co-workers, and clients so we can enhance and improve those relationships to get the work done in a more healthy way.
I read an article recently about someone who uses a meditation app called “Buddify.” I haven’t tried it yet, but an app means meditation has gone high tech and is on its way to becoming mainstream.
Who wouldn’t want a better relationship with clients, co-workers, and family, to be more productive, or to meet goals? Who wouldn’t want to be more mindful, be in the present, and be more focused? Think about what some personal quiet time could do for your business, and then don’t think about it and just relax.
Originally published by Brad Domitrovich on przealot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment