May 1, 2017

Customer Service Tip of the Week: Focusing on People Relationships

In business, every decision we make should focus on people. Yes I know, some executives will say “No! We have to focus on profit!” I agree with that statement too. But I like to think that without great people relationships, it would be hard for any of us to keep our organization flourishing, growing, and making profits.
Employees and customers, in other words people, make or break any organizational structure. Whenever I have the pleasure to talk to my clients about their organization, I am remind them that their focus should always be about building and maintaining healthy relationships with internal and external customers.
“Remember that PR = People Relationships”
As a PR practitioner for many years, I learned that piece of advice too late in my career. Instead of focusing on numbers, statistics, and cold hard facts … a focus on soft data probably would have helped me a lot more instead of the spreadsheet I was looking at. Having People Relationship skills allows everyone to improve their reputation, their image, and their rapport with customers.
How can you improve your reputation, image, and rapport? Here are a few tips:
  1. Treat all of your stakeholders with respect.
  2. Be appreciative of differing opinions.
  3. Listen to everyone of your stakeholders.
  4. Portray a positive attitude at all times.
  5. Admit when you make a mistake.
Remember that in order to be credible, we have to know and live our values. Customers will judge us on the values of our organization. Most importantly, they will judge us on our personal values too. How will you fair? How will your People Relationship skills be judged?
Originally published by Brad Domitrovich on przealot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment